Many, many years ago......exactly 29 today. I was just a wide eyed 12 year old girl anxiouly awaiting the arrival of a baby sister (I hoped). Way back then we didn't know the sex of the baby before they entered this world. I prayed often, and promised God I would be the best sister, even sharing my room and changing diapers. Mom went in to be induced the morning of September 20 1982, so we knew without a doubt that there would be a baby sometime that day. Dad met me in the front yard that day with the announcement that the baby was here. My first words were "What is it?" He quickly said "A boy!" I said "oh." First reaction, not so good, I just knew I was made to be a big sister of a little sister, I already had a little brother....... No worries though because I fell completely in love with him from the moment I saw him. He is my littlest brother David.
I am lucky to be the older sister of two very loving younger brothers, and though I still sometimes wish I had that sister in my life, I'm very greatful for the brothers I have. I love them both of you very much!
♥Lis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
